Wednesday, 10 November 2010

Muslin for A Single Man (the dress, I mean)

So rather than trying to find and order a pattern that matched the Single Man Dress in time for the contest, I went to an old pattern I have used a few times before to act as a block.  

It's been a while since I used this pattern.  Ten years and two kids to be exact. 

Hence the grading up a size and the bust point modification needed.  Ahem.  Thank you, 3 years of combined breastfeeding.

Also, get a load of that bunching around the inset.  Yikes!  I think I'm going to have to change my idea to suit my skill level.

Here is the new Frankenstein pattern block:

This is the first time I have modified a pattern (other than changing necklines or taking in the sides), so I'm hoping for the best. 

I don't know if you can see, but the map behind me is stuck full of pins; all the places we have been and our travel fantasies for the future.  My next trip is probably back to Cape Town to host a tech transfer to UCT.  Time to start doing a little online searching for fabric, vintage and local designer shops.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...